Welcome to More Bloggy Love Monday!
Co-hosted by Nikki from Southern Mama with a Bad Mouth and myself!
This is where we will show love to our favorite Bloggers.
Rules are simple :
Choose a blog that you love
(each week you will choose a different blog)
Grab the button above and add it to a post
about the blog you have chosen.
then come back here and link up!
you can visit some on the blogs people have chosen
and show them love!
Hopefully everyone will get some love
and some new followers.
So, this week I am doing it a little differently…I decided to send a short questionnaire to my chosen blogger and now I will post her answers!
This week I chose Randi from Who is your Big Susan?. I already talked a little bit about Randi here so I thought it would be nice to get to know her a bit better and pay it forward to her. So on that note, here is the Q and A session I did with Randi…
1. What made you want to start your blog? I love to write and though I am the Queen of Snark IRL, I was tired of only reading things that are so mean-spirited. I also find myself always thanking my friends for some fantabulous thing they have done. So…when I think about my friends and friendship – my mom and Big Susan automatically come to mind.
2. What is your favorite part of being a part of the blogging community? I really do write for myself and continue to be shocked that other folks read my words and that they resonate with them. I was never really much of a blog reader but it’s opened a whole new world to me (yes, I realize I may be the slowest person to get on the blog train) and I am finding that a) most people are pretty damn decent – and funny and b.) that we have so much more in common than we have differences.
3. What is your absolute favorite blog to spend time or get lost in? I really love Rants from Mommyland, The Snarky Mom and The Bloggess. Of course I love A Lil Dash of Diva. Each has a different appeal that keeps me coming back. Sometimes I stumble onto a really fantastic read on some random blog and then forget to mark the page (because I’m an idiot).
4. Do you have any goals for your blog or do you see yourself continuing to blog for years to come? Like any writing, I think you do it while it feels right and works. As long as I have something to say then I will keep blogging. Since I am rarely without words, I’d like to think this will be as enduring as my friendships.
5. Has your opinion of blogging/bloggers been changed since you became a blogger? I’ve always admired writers and those who commit to writing on any regular basis (grocery lists and comments on news articles do not count.) I definitely have formed opinions about certain blogs and writers. Those that have mean-spirited blogs/posts that are only meant to hurt, humiliate (peopleofwalmart.com excluded), scare or rip someone a new proverbial a*$^ are just cowardly jackholes. We all write for a reason and though I’m about the furthest thing from a pollyanna (see above statement for proof of that) that anyone could be – I’d like to believe most do it for a decent reason. Also, sometimes it’s hard to come up with something new or meaningful to share. I really admire those that post more regularly than I do and have so many people waiting for the next word.
6. What sort of reactions have you gotten from family/friends when they find out you are a blogger? Very supportive – those that are less supportive are likely that way IRL, too so there is no surprise. I’m really just so stunned that people like what I write.
I want to thank Randi for participating and being my featured blogger this week and anyone who hasn’t gone and checked out Who is your Big Susan…go, go NOW!